Baccarat is a very famous game of chance in casinos. Even if luck and intuition are important factors for playing baccarat, there are a few strategic rules to know! By adopting the right strategies, your chances of winning the bet will be higher.
Strategy 1: Choosing the right hand to bet on
Before deciding on a bet (spawning, banking, or equality), certain statistical criteria must be taken into account.
- The house having only a very weak advantage of 1.4% on the player, it will take 5% of commission on the bets won on the hand of the bank which gives us, commissions included, a real odds of 0.95 to 1 and not 1 to 1 for this bet.
- The player’s hand has a 45.85% chance of losing, while the winning hand is around 44.62%.
- Finally, playing for baccarat equality can allow you to win big (8 against 1), but the probability of winning on this bet is only 9.53%.
- Equality included, the bank’s hand will win 51% of the time.
- Therefore, in the long term and despite the 5% commission and the very low margin of the winning hand of the bank, it is strongly advised to bet on the hand of the bank!
- One thing is certain unless you want to get an adrenaline rush, avoid betting on equality!
Strategy 2: Beware!
In a real casino, the dealer only gets back his commissions (5%) at the end of the game. Remember to manage your wallet accordingly and be able to pay the house at the end of the game!
Do not take into account the series. The latter, dependent on the 2 sets of 52 cards in the game, have no interest in preventing and predicting the rest of the game!
Course of a game
The first phase of baccarat is the betting phase. The dealer first makes his own and is followed by the other players. The laying is defined at that time, according to the amount of the bets. It is the one who bets the most that become lay. The players then begin by betting on the hand which they think winning ( on the bank, the laying, or the equality ).
Once the roles have been defined, the croupier distributes, one by one, 4 cards, starting with the laying.
Drawing of a third card for the player:
The player’s hand is decorated with a third additional card when the count of his first two cards is less than 5 points.
The dealer draws a third card.
In baccarat, the bank represented by the croupier can also receive a third card in certain cases. Here are the two simplest cases to remember:
- The first case, first of all, is that in which the dealer totals 0, 1, or 2 points. He, therefore, receives an additional card without conditions.
- If his hand is greater than or equal to 7 points, the dealer does not draw a third card.
In cases where the dealer initially receives a total of 3, 4, 5 or 6 points, he draws an additional card under the following conditions:
- The bank scores 3 points, and the player’s last card is either 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 9.
- The dealer gets 4 points, and the player’s last card is either 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- 5 points for the bank and the last card of the player is either 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- the bank scores 6 points, and the player’s last card is either 6 or 7.